Project Manager Estimator - 1075905
Construction Project Manager
Remote flexibility – New England
To support the managing and communication of information for all phases of construction projects, including budgeting, permitting, contract documents, material purchasing and procurement, site services, warranties and close out documents and providing as needed support to field superintendents to ensure that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Project Manager shall be responsible for field and office coordination, contract documents and management of internal documents and records.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Project Manager:
- Communicating with project team and finding solutions to ASIs, RFIs and other questions that arise throughout the life cycle of the project
- Reviewing submittal documents
- Reviewing Owner-GC and GC-subcontractor contracts and exhibits for accuracy and relevancy
- Tracking and managing project expenses, material purchases and other budget items
- Preparing and distributing weekly reports, meeting notes, agendas etc. as required by project
- Preparing, distributing and archiving close out documents
- Providing support to site superintendents to answer questions, order materials, etc. as needed to ensure project schedule is maintained
- Perform site inspections as required
- Obtaining project permits
- Secondary Functions:
- Assisting in project bidding and budgeting
- Maintaining project documents (digital and hard copy) in an organized manner
- Job Scope:
- The Project Manager is responsible for understanding a project’s full scope of work and providing guidance to ensure the scope of work is executed on schedule and within budget. This role will require constant interaction and communication with personnel within and outside the company. Daily tasks will vary depending upon the project requirements, but will foremost ensure that all clarifications, conflicts, or questions be resolved in a timely manner to support the continued construction of a project. All changes or requests for monetary agreements must be approved by Supervisor prior to execution, however all documents related to such agreements will be prepared and distributed by Project Manager.
- Supervisory Responsibility:
- Project Manager shall supervise all assistant project managers. This supervision shall ensure tasks are being completed in a timely manner and meet the standard practices of the Company.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with a variety of parties regarding possible conflicts, questions or dispute
- Ability to identify and execute solutions to problems
- Communicate using the following tools: telephone, written logs, email, computer, cell phone, digital camera.
- Ability to coordinate and comprehend project drawings, specifications and other legal documents
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance, meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on resolving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and requests further clarification if needed; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written and drawn information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) if required for site visits.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of five years of verifiable experience, thorough knowledge of trades and be computer literate. Office experience of Procore, Google Drive, Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Project & Outlook) is also preferred. Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Full-time position;
- Salary commensurate with experience;
- Holiday paid time off;
- Eligible for 401(k), paid health benefits, and paid vacation time after initial waiting period.
Reporting Structure: Will report directly to the Director of Construction.
- Remote work
- Travel to jobsites in various locations is required