Civil Engineer - 1075914
Civil Engineer - Water/Wastewater - P.E.
Hybrid/Remote flexibility – Mid Atlantic Market
Our client, a well-known full-service engineering firm, has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join their Civil Engineering Team in their Virginia or Tennessee office. The successful candidate will work on various water and wastewater projects for clients. This team member will be responsible for conducting studies, preparing plans and specifications, applying technical engineering principles, methods, and techniques on water and wastewater planning, design, and construction projects.
The position plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, coordinates their activities with other project participants, and ensures that the project requirements are being satisfied. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative office environment to develop innovative and technically sound designs for new facilities, expansions, upgrades, and retrofits.
- Assist in design efforts for projects related to water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, gravity sewer, pressure pipelines and storage facilities. Tasks include design, computer modeling and CAD design, and interacting with the design team, clients, contractors, and our teaming partners
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical aspects of projects
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects
- Participate in client and contractor meetings and resolve technical project issues
- Prepare effective technical and client communications
- Work within design standards to prepare drawings and specifications in conjunction with other design disciplines
Desired Skills and Experience Position Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in water and wastewater civil engineering design required
- P.E. required
- Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and verbally
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D program experience preferred
- Experience with hydraulic and wastewater treatment modeling and GIS software preferred
- Some travel required
We are a growing company focused on providing technically sound and cost-effective engineering solutions for our clients. We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic team member with enthusiasm for water and wastewater treatment, collection, and distribution projects.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits package including a Strong Salary, Bonuses, PTO, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Professional Development Opportunities, Professional Registration Support, Professional Societies, Training Program, Community Activities, ESOP Plan, 401K Plan with Company Match, and more.