Senior Superintendent - 1139015
Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind our success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Leads all aspects of the company’s safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
- Provides management of subcontractors and organization of the overall job and workflow.
- Manages and oversees company staff, subcontractors, suppliers and programs such as Safety, Quality and EEOC for a small project or a major portion of a larger project.
- Develops work plans for subcontractors and self-performed work.
- Coordinates and manages the care, custody and control of the project site.
- Leads various meetings including daily standup and weekly trade meetings.
- Attends, manages and participates in appropriate progress and/or project OAC meetings.
- Creates, manages, changes and implements the project’s schedule as needed, in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- May be responsible for tracking and monitoring project budget and costs by using the project management system’s cost reports and data from the project manager.
- Communicates key project information to owners, design team, governing authorities, subcontractors, suppliers and other departments.
- Follows the project filing and documentation organization system as dictated for the project. Updates drawings, logs, diaries and inspection notebooks.
- Approves and/or records unit cost information for weekly reports and completes daily reports, logs and tracking reports.
- Evaluates progress on self-perform work and make adjustments as needed.
- Manages material and equipment needs for the project.
- Supports the MOC (Material and Other Costs) and DLSC (Dunn Logistics Service Center) procurement and approval processes.
- Assists in the selection of the formwork, tools and equipment necessary to complete self-perform operations.
- Manages timecard approval process to ensure reporting of accurate hours and proper cost codes.
- Ensures quality compliance through use of specifications, setting quality standards, in–house QA/QC and outside resources.
- Supports the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect and governing authorities.
- Gains understanding of the project pursuit process and methodology.
- Participates with the field operations leadership and the project team to put together a project pre plan; implements, monitors and adjusts as needed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Partners with field leadership to establish field staffing for their assigned project.
- Partners with project management to identify schedule and costs associated with project changes.
- Participates in the negotiation process with the owner and architect to gain agreement for project changes.
- Participates with the project team in preparation and presentation for all project review meetings, including the monthly review process and other key project meetings.
- Participates in the project buy out meetings with subcontractors and vendors.
- Understands and applies the terms and conditions of the owner and subcontractor contracts for the project.
- Responsible for identifying and recruiting top talent.
- Leads, supports and promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion within our company Understands our policy of non-discrimination and ensures positive, proactive implementation throughout the organization.
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Manages complex stand-alone or multiple projects from initial planning to completion.
- Manages project(s) with multiple superintendents.
- Influences and manages delivery results through others.
- Understands and executes relevant key strategic initiatives to support company strategy.
- Provides training and education to support company and/or region training initiatives.
- Engages in business, industry and community activities to build and strengthen external relationships.
- Takes a lead role with the project team in the project pursuit process.
- Collaborates with the marketing team on related presentations and marketing activities.
- Develops new business opportunities and generates future work by cultivating and maintaining long-term relationships with clients.
- Assumes responsibility for management, scheduling, production, quality and safety on projects or a portion of projects.
- Identifies, understands and actively manages project risks.
- Utilizes awareness, experience and knowledge to identify problems and recommends solutions for review and implementation by the team.
- Manages deliverables provided by a variety of internal resources and functions such as IPS, logistics, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of construction management to projects.
- Thorough knowledge of project processes and how each supports the successful completion of a project.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in required construction technology (Advanced).
- Proficiency in scheduling software (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work (Advanced).
- Knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity (Advanced).
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate future work through building relationships (Advanced).
- Knowledge of organizational structure and available resources.
- Ability to understand document changes and impact to the project schedule.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field (Preferred).
- 10+ years construction experience.
- 8+ years field supervision experience.
- Experience leading Lean principles on projects (Preferred).