Remote Architect - 1139018
Job Summary: Roles and Responsibilities:
The following explains the job responsibilities and expectations for all candidates who are classified in this job description. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required to success fulfill this role. Additional responsibilities may be identified and assigned according the needs of the Company.
Provides architectural support to the lead architect/project manager and assists in all phases of design and construction, coordinating with interns, architects and engineers. Individual is a registered (licensed) architect.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in design and construction
- Selects, evaluates and implements architectural procedures and techniques required to complete projects
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish project goals as directed by the lead architect/project manager
- Performs a variety of tasks:
- Assists in drafting construction documents and design development using CAD software
- Assists in developing proposals
- Assists in client contact and communication with consultants and people from other discipline
- Performs other office duties as required
- Interpersonal: Competencies necessary to work effectively with others and maintain client satisfaction.
- Effective communication, both written and oral, to present information and respond to questions from managers, co-workers and clients
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Business: Competencies required to ensure client satisfaction.
- Attention to detail
- Planning/Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Technical: Special knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform effectively.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret specifications, drawings, manufacturer’s product data, architectural reference manuals and other related documents and manuals.
- Ability to graphically compose presentations and proposals for clients.
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ of Architecture Degree.
- 8-11 years of related experience.
- Professional Architect Registration (RA)
- Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Bentley MicroStation, Microsoft Office and general business software experience
- Strong knowledge of codes and good planning/scheduling skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Visual acuity sufficient to read alpha/numeric symbols for computation and design