Mechanical Engineer (Remote) - 1139019
Are you ready to move your career forward, and start the BEST job of your life? We are committed to providing you with the resources to help you grow and discover your potential. We promote an environment that encourages innovative ideas and allows you to develop the best “how” to get the job done.
We unite architecture, engineering, and consulting professionals from across industries and geographies. While some clients are looking for turnkey design-build or engineer-procure-construct projects, the DCS Group serves clients who need specialized, fee-for-service design or consulting projects. These types of projects allow our team to form a strong rapport with client teams, marshaling them as they grow and helping them address industry and market challenges. The DCS Group serves four primary markets: Government, primarily the Department of Defense, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Air and Army National Guard, and the U.S. Naval Facilities Command; Industrial, focusing on food and beverage, consumer products, and utilities; Civil Infrastructure; and Healthcare.
In this role, you will drive projects including designing chilled water systems, hot water systems, steam systems, water treatment systems, compressed air systems, natural gas systems, HVAC systems, and much more. Candidates can expect to work on exciting projects such as clean rooms, food processing facilities, distilleries, breweries, industrial facilities, government facilities, and a variety of other challenges that help support our client’s needs.
• Application of Knowledge of Building Systems (Conceptual Design)
• Ensures understanding and compliance with owner’s building program requirements and facility or corporate standards related to mechanical and utility systems design
• Confirms and reviews applicable codes and standards such as but not limited to the International Building Code Council (Mechanical, Plumbing, Gas, Fire), ASHRAE Standards (90.1, 62, and 15), and NFPA
• Given the scope of design services, the owner’s building program and facility standards, building code research, and relevant industry standards, establish and document the mechanical and utility systems basis of design and in doing so provide clarification, qualifications, and design assumptions regarding relevant design issues
• Works with building/facility owners to ensure the appropriate cost-effective systems/products are utilized in their facility
• Works with building owner and construction management team to validate construction cost and provide value engineering options as may be necessary
• Knows when to obtain support from Lead Mechanical Engineer for assistance to determine engineering and design building requirements
• Assist in the establishment of the building envelope thermal insulation values for the purpose of energy code compliance and cooling/heating load calculations
• Performs and documents engineering calculations related to mechanical and utility systems for the purpose of selecting code-compliant systems and equipment
• Performs systems and equipment selections
• Performs layout and sizing of systems and equipment
• Drafts or oversees the drafting of the mechanical and utility systems and in doing so establishes the appropriate level of drawing detail to ensure completeness and accuracy of design and construction cost
• Schedules mechanical and utility equipment with the appropriate accessories and remarks
• Develops the necessary control drawings (schematics, points list, and sequence of operation) to ensure adequate environmental temperature and humidity control or system and equipment performance
• Ensures there is a complete and accurate specification
• Revit and AutoCAD capability are required.
• Construction Support
• Assist with problem-solving for field oversights
• Shop drawing/Submittal review
• Field inspections and reports
• Assist in Photograph review
• Assist with RFI
• Project Management
• Overseeing the work performed by the assigned staff.
• Planning, Scheduling, and Profitability
• Monitors what is to be included in the design package issue (pricing documents, SD, DD, and CD)
• Works with project lead architect and engineers to ensure that project schedule will be met and complete documents provided for each submission
• Designs project within provided design budget and track additional hours utilized when the scope is expanded
• Professional Development
• Maintains required licensing CEU
• Proactively attempts to receive in-house/out-of-house training to maintain create design skills
• Manages assigned staff on the projects
• Accredited engineering degree
• Licensed Professional Engineer