Project Manager - Public Works - 1151478
The work you will do
- Write/review proposals and assist with business development and marketing activities such as attending meetings, interviews and industry conferences
- Execute contracts for services with public and private clients by developing and assisting in the negotiations of the following:
- Scoping of work including specific goals, deliverables, and exclusions.
- Project budget/Project fee
- Project schedule
- Organize the best internal project team with the proper expertise to accomplish the work, the ideal project team could be large or small, local or widespread depending on workload and required project expertise
- Lead the development of project plans, specifications and appropriate bid documents
- Maintain timely and appropriate communications with the project team and the client regarding routine project progress and items of special concern
- Oversee the work of project team members, provide mentoring, timely feedback and technical guidance for municipal, transportation or environmental depending on your personal technical background or coordinate with other internal technical experts for required input
- Monitor project progress regarding production of project deliverables, expenses, and the budget
- Take timely and appropriate actions if concerns for quality, budget, schedule, etc. are identified
- Assemble routine project updates for the client
- Prepare and send invoices (typically monthly) to client
- Responsible for ensuring that Project Quality Control measures are completed before deliverable is presented to client
- Prepare project summaries and appropriate information to be used in future marketing endeavors
- Administration of construction of municipal projects
- Build on existing and establish new client relationships though regular interaction with city staff and elected officials
What you bring
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required
- 10+ years of prior experience within the Iowa or Illinois Municipal market serving multiple clients required
- PE required (IA and/or IL PE preferred)
- Experience in managing multiple projects and clients required
- Extensive knowledge of permitting and regulatory requirements in Iowa and/or Illinois
- Knowledge and experience with various funding sources used by municipal clients is preferred
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
Who You Are:
- You work well with others. You share ideas and listen with open ears. You can listen to criticism and respectfully disagree with people. You help others succeed. You are comfortable working with colleagues and with busy leaders. You love seeing the team and company succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker. You see the big picture and the details. You help your team see opportunities, focus on goals, and make paths to success.
- You are a confident communicator. You can explain complicated things to people in a way that they can understand. You are confident in your communication and people have confidence in what you say.
- You think like an analyst. You know how to dig into problems, ask questions, find information, and help your team make good decisions.
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons, but we couldn’t stop ourselves! All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks:
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working toward the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Communities of Practice to share information and provide mentoring opportunities
- Work-life integration – we support a healthy work-life balance, with flexibility to help you meet your obligations
- Internal and external training opportunities
- STEM outreach and volunteer opportunities
Eligible employees will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage that start on your hire date (no waiting period!)
- 8 paid holidays in a calendar year
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid-by-company life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability
- Employee ownership! The ESOP model provides employees with ownership benefits and the opportunity to have your voice heard.
- 401k retirement plan with generous employer match