Airport Engineering Intern
The work you will do
- Construction observation on airport projects (travel required depending on project location)
- Transporting material samples
- Assist with construction staking
- Potential for office / design work to include CAD and 3D design on airport projects
- Depending on project timing, potential exposure to other Civil Engineering disciplines such as DOT Highways, Municipal, or Wastewater (1 month or less)
What you bring
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (or related) in Civil Engineering required, aviation / transportation focus preferred
- A valid driver’s license required
- Previous related engineering intern or co-op experience preferred
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Microstation or AutoCAD experience preferred
- A desire to learn more about transportation engineering projects in a consulting industry
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
Who You Are:
- You work well with others. You share ideas and listen with open ears. You can listen to criticism and respectfully disagree with people. You help others succeed. You are comfortable working with colleagues and with busy leaders. You love seeing the team and company succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker. You see the big picture and the details. You help your team see opportunities, focus on goals, and make paths to success.
- You are a confident communicator. You can explain complicated things to people in a way that they can understand. You are confident in your communication and people have confidence in what you say.
- You think like an analyst. You know how to dig into problems, ask questions, find information, and help your team make good decisions.
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons, but we couldn’t stop ourselves! All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks:
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working toward the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Communities of Practice to share information and provide mentoring opportunities
- Work-life integration – we support a healthy work-life balance, with flexibility to help you meet your obligations
- Internal and external training opportunities
- STEM outreach and volunteer opportunities