Graduate Engineer-Public Works - 1152138
The work you will do
- Inspect active construction work on municipal water, road/utilities, or wastewater projects
- Perform construction administration duties such as documenting activities, communicating to project managers regarding status and progress of construction, measuring and testing, providing general oversight, and interacting with contractors, sub-contractors, residents and City Staff.
- Construction staking and site surveys
- Assist with CAD work and project estimations
- Provide assistance with company initiatives that may involve different service lines
- Preparation of plans for streets, sewers, and utilities using Civil3D software
- Preparation of details, specifications, and bidding documents
- Preparation of regulatory permits for projects
- Preparation of technical reports for projects
- Complete project administration for municipal projects including attending client meetings
- Ability to get training and mentoring on project management and client liaison duties
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (or related) required by May 2022
- Successful completion of Fundamental of Engineering exam preferred
- A valid driver’s license required
- Previous civil engineering intern or co-op experience required
- Prior construction inspection experience preferred
- AutoCAD experience would be a plus
- A desire to learn more about municipal engineering in the consulting industry
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
Who You Are:
- You work well with others. You share ideas and listen with open ears. You can listen to criticism and respectfully disagree with people. You help others succeed. You are comfortable working with colleagues and with busy leaders. You love seeing the team and company succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker. You see the big picture and the details. You help your team see opportunities, focus on goals, and make paths to success.
- You are a confident communicator. You can explain complicated things to people in a way that they can understand. You are confident in your communication and people have confidence in what you say.
- You think like an analyst. You know how to dig into problems, ask questions, find information, and help your team make good decisions.
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons, but we couldn’t stop ourselves! All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks:
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working toward the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Communities of Practice to share information and provide mentoring opportunities
- Work-life integration – we support a healthy work-life balance, with flexibility to help you meet your obligations
- Internal and external training opportunities
- STEM outreach and volunteer opportunities
Eligible employees will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage that start on your hire date (no waiting period!)
- 8 paid holidays in a calendar year
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid-by-company life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability
- ESOP that gives employees beneficial ownership stake in the company (we’re 100% employee owned!)
- 401k retirement plan with generous employer match