Graduate Engineer - Water - 1152165
The work you will do
- Designs and specifies electrical systems associated with municipal water/wastewater treatment facilities (drinking water plants, sanitary sewer plants, pump stations, etc.). Electrical systems include power supply, condition assessment, arc flash, feasibility studies, power distribution system design, plant/process control, communications, emergency power and lighting systems for municipal facilities.
- May develop and evaluate plans for major projects.
- May meet and correspond with clients or outside personnel.
- Design of electrical power distribution, motor control, lighting, and other low voltage electrical systems including fire alarm, CCTV, keyless entry, and security systems
- Design of process instrumentation control systems including programmable logic controllers, optical and radio frequency networking equipment, instrumentation, and HMI systems.
- Drawing development using AutoCAD, Revit, and other specific design tools
- Perform code reviews
- Shop drawing and submittal review and processing
What you bring
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 2+ years minimum of prior electrical engineering experience associated with municipal and water/wastewater treatment facilities required
- Experience with or willingness to learn Revit, AutoCAD, and other software packages including SKM or ETAP required
- Interest in the design of drinking water plants, sanitary sewer plants, pump stations, industrial wastewater facilities, etc required
- Interest in project engineering from start to finish and coordination with both contractors and clients
- Excellent planning and organizational skills required for fast-paced and multi-tasking environment with the ability to coordinate this information across disciplines
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
Who You Are:
- You work well with others. You share ideas and listen with open ears. You can listen to criticism and respectfully disagree with people. You help others succeed. You are comfortable working with colleagues and with busy leaders. You love seeing the team and company succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker. You see the big picture and the details. You help your team see opportunities, focus on goals, and make paths to success.
- You are a confident communicator. You can explain complicated things to people in a way that they can understand. You are confident in your communication and people have confidence in what you say.
- You think like an analyst. You know how to dig into problems, ask questions, find information, and help your team make good decisions.
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons, but we couldn’t stop ourselves! All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks:
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working toward the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Communities of Practice to share information and provide mentoring opportunities
- Work-life integration – we support a healthy work-life balance, with flexibility to help you meet your obligations
- Internal and external training opportunities
- STEM outreach and volunteer opportunities
Eligible employees will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage that start on your hire date (no waiting period!)
- 8 paid holidays in a calendar year
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid-by-company life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability
- ESOP that gives employees beneficial ownership stake in the company (we’re 100% employee owned!)
- 401k retirement plan with generous employer match