Electrical Engineering Design Team Leader - 1152237
The work you will do
- Team management including mentoring, professional development of team, managing workload of staff, setting priorities, managing the team resources, and team financial management. Manage approximate 15 person team
- Project management including project planning, scoping, budgeting, contracting, design, and QA/QC.
- Project design work for design-bid-build projects of various project types and sizes. Design to include: power distribution, low-voltage systems, interior and exterior lighting, and standby power
- Working with MSA leadership on strategic initiatives and MEP Discipline Leader on business strategy
- Client relations including architectural client management and internal discipline leader collaboration
- Leading projects from concept through design for electrical portion of projects, working alongside our robust MEP team.
What you bring
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering required
- PE license required
- Minimum of 10 or more years of electrical design experience required
- Candidates with additional experience are encouraged to apply
- Prior experience with electrical design for design-bid-build projects, project management and consulting required
- Prior experience with mentoring and managing a team, or desire to step into that role
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills required
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
- All of our design work utilizes Revit, so knowledge of Revit is a plus
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
Who You Are:
- You work well with others. You share ideas and listen with open ears. You can listen to criticism and respectfully disagree with people. You help others succeed. You are comfortable working with colleagues and with busy leaders. You love seeing the team and company succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker. You see the big picture and the details. You help your team see opportunities, focus on goals, and make paths to success.
- You are a confident communicator. You can explain complicated things to people in a way that they can understand. You are confident in your communication and people have confidence in what you say.
- You think like an analyst. You know how to dig into problems, ask questions, find information, and help your team make good decisions.
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons, but we couldn’t stop ourselves! All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks:
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working toward the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Communities of Practice to share information and provide mentoring opportunities
- Work-life integration – we support a healthy work-life balance, with flexibility to help you meet your obligations
- Internal and external training opportunities
- STEM outreach and volunteer opportunities
Eligible employees will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage that start on your hire date (no waiting period!)
- 8 paid holidays in a calendar year
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid-by-company life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability
- ESOP that gives employees beneficial ownership stake in the company (we’re 100% employee owned!)
- 401k retirement plan with generous employer match