Assistant Project Manager - Land Development - 1155706
Essential Job Duties:
- Under the direction of a Project Manager plan, schedule, assign, supervise and motivate the work of project team members. Project Types: subdivision plans, detention basins, lift stations, roadway and design and lot grading.
- Coordinate the inspection of construction work performed under contracts, including the interpretation and revision of plans and specifications, and the maintenance of related records/reports. Be able to read a hydrology report or geotechnical report.
- Responding to RFI's, preparing Bid ltem lists (405's) and maybe preparing contact specifications, preparing engineering feasibility studies, cost estimates and proposals.
- Monitor projects to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Coordinates activities with various project approval agencies.
- Under the direction of a Project Manager represent client issues at meetings and conferences with project stakeholders.
- Analyze facts and make independent decisions; read and interpret technical engineering reports and studies, communicate all findings to client and project stakeholders, as appropriate, and prepare engineering feasibility studies, cost estimates and proposals.
- Act as an internal consultant under the direction of a Project Manager to fellow team members, providing input for business decisions and communicating said decisions.
- Support pre-contract and business development efforts as required, serving as technical consultant
- Communicate effectively with Project Manager on personal schedule and department matters
- Deal effectively with representatives of other organizations, as well as with the public
- Other duties as assigned by Project Manager
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineers' (P.E.) License in the State of Texas
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive design experience and two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in professional civil engineering work
- One to five years of experience Professional Engineers’ (P.E.) License in the State of Texas
- Must possess current knowledge of local, state and federal design codes and regulations, industry practices and regulations, and the ability to read and understand construction drawings and legal documents
- Must possess thorough knowledge of current technology and the capabilities and efficiencies of specific engineering software for use in completing engineering assignments
We offer a highly competitive compensation package based on experience. Our benefits package includes medical-dental-vision coverage, 401k plan w/ employer matching contribution and continuing education programs.