Land/Site Development Engineer - 1155720
Essential Job Duties:
- Plan, organize and lead the daily engineering activities of assigned staff in the accomplishment of client project tasks.
- Identify and manage priorities of assigned staff to meet client, team and corporate goals.
- May function in a lead position with respect to actual accomplishment of tasks and/or may function as technical consultant to other team members.
- Function as a contact point for the client concerning the engineering aspects of his/her project, including conflict resolution, with RAI.
- Facilitate good communications among the client, all RAI departments and team groups and applicable governing bodies.
- With the Team Leader, attend and participate in initial client meetings regarding new project proposals as well as new project kickoffs to ensure a clear understanding of the complete project in order to be able to effectively contribute to the preparation of proposals and facilitate the proper completion of assigned tasks.
- Assist Team Leader in preparing proposals for clients including a clear and complete scope of work, pricing, time schedule and resource requirements (both RAI and subconsultants).
- Review and approve a) the technical approach to project tasks and b) intermediate & finished work product to ensure that they meet objectives of client while adhering to local, state and federal laws. Also assure compliance with company quality assurance/control standards.
- Review the research and data necessary for the design of the project., such as zoning conditions, latest design standards, existing utility information, environmental issues, topo, etc.
- Coordinate with applicable government agencies and attend meetings as appropriate to assure that client projects comply with agency regulations and are approved by them.
- Ensure that additional work requested by the client that is outside the scope of the original contract is identified, and that change orders are issued and approved by the client before this additional work is done.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 plus years of experience of engineering design in land & site development.
- Required sufficient knowledge of CAD software
- Professional Engineers’ (P.E.) License in the State of Georgia