Plant Manager - 1182009
The Plant Manager oversees all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing while insuring policies and procedures are followed. This position develops processes that maximize ownership, stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity.
- 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university, preferably a B.S. in Food Science, Engineering, or Management;
- Food manufacturing experience is required. USDA experience is beneficial.
- A demonstrated track record of achieving results against a comprehensive set of KPIs.
- Excellent problem-solving and reasoning skills required
- Ability to analyze downtime and financial variance trends, identifying actions to deliver expected performance.
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting, and metrics.
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels of the company; from the plant floor to executive leadership.
- Excellent time management, and strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills, listening, decision-making, and organization skills are required.
- Ensure adherence to all safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure all plant personnel is operating in compliance with plant & corporate procedures.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve performance, meeting and exceeding plant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Provide coaching and development of plant staff to insure effective leadership.
- Monitor and set standards for operations and help identify and correct bottlenecks.
- Increase production asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs.
- Plan and supervise the design and progress of capital projects.
- Develops and implements financial and non-financial objectives including the annual budget that serves as the plant operating plan.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs, maintain sanitary conditions & ensure product quality is maintained.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of products.
- Identify and address conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality, or personnel safety.