HSE Manager - 1183427
The HSE Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations in the EHS Department including the management and development of HSE Personnel.
- Evaluates hazards within the facility for safety, health, and environmental risks
- Develops health and safety procedures and programs for all departments and monitors safety compliance to reduce the associated risks.
- Organizes contingency plans, including fire prevention and procedures for controlling hazardous spills in accordance with government regulations and insurance company requirements.
- Develops inspection policies and establish regular inspection schedules.
- Provides supervision of training sessions including but not limited to emergency preparedness, confined spaces, electrical safety, machine guarding, fall protection, and forklift safety.
- Maintains EPA records of hazardous waste, air emission permitting, and water pollution discharge, as well as industrial health monitoring and records of employee hazard exposure in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Fosters an environment that allows staff and responsible departments to interact and develop processes and procedures that comply with Plant Manager’s directives and promotes continuous improvement.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health Management from a four-year college or university with two years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in a safety-related role in a manufacturing facility. Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization (verbal and written) with a high level of competence.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams, at all levels of the workforce; including providing expertise-related policies, procedures, and services in HSE functional areas
- OSHA, NFPA, General Industry Standards, etc.
- Demonstrate a true ‘shop floor presence'. Work closely with line operators and other shop floor personnel to understand the current state and drive permanent improvement.
Why work with this company?
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave