Assistant Plant Manager - 1205494
Our Willmar, MN food/beverage manufacturing client is looking to hire an Assistant Plant Manager. The Assistant Plant Manager has the responsibility for directing operations at the facility to support overall business objectives including managing activities in the areas of production, quality, inventory, maintenance, safety, and employee relations.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- 10 years previous management experience in a food grade operation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of plant operation procedures and business system software applications.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Previous supervisory experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate activities of all manufacturing functional areas to assure continuity towards plant goals, meeting all customer quality requirements. Communicate priorities as necessary. Review and approve SOP’s for all production processes
- Develop and track annual operating budget for measurement towards objective
- Remain current on matters relating to production methods, formulations, analytical techniques and federal regulations as they relate to the company’s products. Develop action plans for improvement as necessary.
- Recruit, develop, coach, and lead personnel, constantly raising the standards of performance. Establish training and development programs for employees. Create a team–based environment encouraging open communication and seeking input regarding production, safety and quality issues.
- Assist Quality Assurance in development of new products/processes and improve current products/processes. Establish procedures and supervise all experimental and test runs, reporting all results.
- Manage inventory of off-spec materials, including the scheduling and reworking of products as needed
- Implement and manage safety and regulatory programs to assure long term safe operation of the facility.
- Take personal responsibility to engage in food safety practices to prevent hazards that cause foodborne illness or injury.
- Qualified and trained individual will provide as a back-up in the event of an absence of another employee.
- Understand and implement Continuous Improvement principles.
- Perform special projects and responsibilities as needed.