EHS Manager (WI) - 1211579
Our client is looking for an Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager to join their team in Milwaukee, WI!
● Bachelor’s degree in Occupational & Environmental Safety & Health (OESH) or equivalent is required
● Experience in a manufacturing environment required. Experience with Hazmat, overhead cranes and heavy duty equipment preferred.
● Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
● Must possess expert knowledge of U.S. EH&S regulations and standards (OSHA, EPA)
● Experience with IS09001 and 14001 highly preferred.
● Must have strong communication, problem-solving and leadership skills
● Must have strong initiative/drive and the ability to proactively identify required tasks.
● Must be able to handle numerous, complex issues with differing deadlines and must be able to effectively organize time and multi-task.
● Lead corporate wide safety initiatives and activities throughout all business units to promote and create a safety culture within the company and ensure compliance with all government regulations.
● Lead, implement, develop, and maintain the business strategy for all Health and Safety (H&S) Programs. Develop and implement company-wide safety programs, policies and procedures. Monitor implementation of programs, policies, procedures.
● Lead and conduct internal safety audits/inspections, risk assessments and incident investigations, including near miss accidents. Work within a team to develop accident-prevention and loss control systems and monitor the effectiveness of the systems.
● Ensure compliance with legal requirements, while implementing H&S programs, meeting business expectations, and ensuring continuous improvement.
● Establish and maintain Health, Safety, & Environmental priorities, metrics, goals and requirements.
● Identify incident trends and design methodologies to detect existing or potential incidents and health hazards. Determine corrective action or preventative measures and ensure measures are implemented.
● Responsible for proper hazardous waste control and disposal activities.
● Establish a safety committee and monitor and lead meetings and follow up to ensure safety goals, policies, metrics and procedures are met.
● Conduct new employee safety training/orientation. Train existing employees in OSHA and environmental required training standards for all employees. Training topics to be covered include: Emergency Action Plan, HAZCOM, LOTO, PPE, PIV, Electrical Safety, etc. Establish training effectiveness guidelines and monitor and track all training completed.
● Conduct monthly employee safety meetings.
● Organize and maintain all OSHA 300, 300A, & 301 Forms.
● Maintain occupational health and safety files and records. Process and track documentation/recordkeeping that supports ISO certification.
● Prepare and assist the organization to attain ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 certification.
● Ensure activities meet and integrate with organizational requirements for an integrated management system (quality, health, safety, and environmental).