Harvest Supervisor - 1214178
The Harvest Supervisor will be responsible for directing a single-site operation for a busy slaughter plant to ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower and yields. Ensure employee safety, product quality, and product integrity.
- Provide leadership to employees through effective communication, coaching, training, and development.
- Acts as a member of the management team and performs other duties as directed by position or required by the Operations Manager.
- Manage the scheduling of production: set work schedules and set departmental goals and expectations.
- Supervisory responsibility includes management of employee performance, discipline, development, planning, and training.
- Develops, monitors, and implements department budgets and production forecasts.
- Develops, analyzes, and presents reports, including but not limited to, forecasts, productivity, and safety.
- Facilitate workflow management, workforce scheduling, and employee placement to ensure the facility and company goals are successfully met or exceeded. Provide technical expertise to resolve production issues and creates and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Manage departmental procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Utilize problem-solving techniques, teamwork-building strategies, process control, and continuous process improvement tools to meet or exceed the facility's key operating statistics.
- Plans and monitors throughput and efficiencies for the department. Monitors and takes appropriate timely improvement action to meet production quality and quantity.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining safety standards as required by law and company policy.
- Manage compliance with all regulatory bodies including USDA, FDA, EPA, OSHA, etc.
- Fill out daily production reports (Timesheet, efficiency reports, etc.)
- 5+ years of department management and 3 years of direct supervisory experience, preferably, but not required
- At least 2 years experience in the meat industry with emphasis on fabrication or slaughter operations.
- Must have good all-around knowledge of production operations and techniques, food safety, product yields, and USDA regulations. Basic knowledge of OSHA
- Proven facilitation and leadership skills.
- Ability to interact in an effective manner with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse workforce and upper management
- Obey safety rules and exercise caution in all work activities