Plant Manager - 1231580
The Plant Manager will direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, engineering, quality, and other production-related activities while ensuring the mill’s number one priority is safety. Leads the mill’s culture initiative to create a great place to work for attracting and retaining top talent.
- Seeks to improve the mill’s operational performance and competitive positioning through continuous improvement of production-related processes.
- Assists with overseeing policies, procedures, and processes designed to minimize costs and maximize production
- Oversees the mill’s manufacturing processes and identifies opportunities for process improvement or efficiency optimization.
- Develops a manufacturing plan and production schedule that increases profit while reducing overhead
- Work directly with department heads to coordinate purchasing, production, quality, and distribution processes, with the expectation of achieving budgeted year-over-year improvements in revenue, ROS, yield, and productivity.
- Execute the strategy deployment plan within the business including implementing, operating, and optimizing new technologies and processes that build on our sustainable competitive advantage and position the business for decades of highly profitable rapid growth.
- Champion health, environment, and safety initiatives within the business, while maintaining compliance standards.
- Provide expectations, accountability, and direction to direct reports.
- Prepares and maintains plant budgets; control and monitor cost to maintain budget goals.
- Champion the Company Business system and utilize business concepts in all aspects of the business resulting in the elimination of waste, clarity of purpose, and organizational focus, while driving continuous improvement within the organization.
- Develop a culture that promotes involvement, communication, mutual trust & respect, expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Material Science, Operations Management, or Business; and/or combination of education and equivalent relevant years of experience
- 8-10 years of manufacturing experience
- A strong lean manufacturing background
- Previous experience in metals is strongly desired
- Travel required