Architectural Project Manager - 1237830
JOB OVERVIEW: The Architectural Project Manager will work closely with the Managing Partner of the Architecture Department. The Project Manager is the firm's representative responsible for the overall coordination and management of the project from inception through completion. In short, the Project Manager will direct and manage the entire project team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Architectural Project Manager shall include but not be limited to:
• Is a capable and experienced person with authority to speak for the firm in dealing with the client in matters to do with the project.
• Is aware of and helps to articulate clients’ goals and objectives.
• Plans the project in all aspects of definition, schedule and budget in coordination with the Managing Partner.
• Determines the skills required for the project.
• Coordinates the selection of the project engineers, designers, draftspersons who make up the design team.
• Is responsible for recommending, coordinating, and scheduling outside consultants.
• Prepares weekly staffing forecasts and requirements related to their assigned projects.
• Attends all project related meetings.
• Produces all meeting minutes, memoranda or other notes.
• Coordinates all questions with the client.
• Receives all project related information coming into the office and distributes accordingly.
• Coordinates all conceptual, design and technical reviews.
• Performs all quality assurance audits to verify that quality control procedures have been performed.
• Mentors the project team and seeks specialized help when needed.
• Coordinates the preparation of all specifications and bid books.
• Coordinates all printing and delivery requirements to the client, other consultants, approval agencies, etc.
• Coordinates with all approval agencies and authorities to ensure that specific requirements are addressed.
• Organizes and establishes project files. Coordinates new project set-up with Admins.
• Coordinates or conducts Construction Administration activities.
• Provides billing information to the Accounting Department and reviews all invoices prior to mailing.
• Assists the Managing Partner in collections and informs Manager of any issues that may arise with collections.
• Oversees and ensures project profitability, making the Managing Partner aware of the project budget at significant milestones and is conscientious of scope “creep”.
• Make recommendations to the Managing Partner for any adjustment in fees, prepares, and distributes all Contract Amendments, receiving authorization from Client(s) prior to executing the work.
• Coordinates and monitors all construction budgets and cost estimates.
• Keeps the Managing Partner up to date on all relative issues and schedules associated with the project.
• Coordinates the project team and is responsible for securing proper representation of the project at any required hearings or conferences.
• Ensures successful final project closeout between Project Team and Client.
• Maintains good working relations with the client and client goodwill in order to promote business development.
• Identifies and solicits new business opportunities. Working closely with the Managing Partner, will develop proposals and coordinate between the various departments as well as consultants to determine project fees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to function comfortably, gain trust, confidence and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals including consultants, contractors and project team.
• Strong understanding of state and local building and zoning codes to ensure successful completion of the project
• Proven ability to function in all phases of project development from schematic design through construction administration.
• Strong working experience AutoCAD & MS Office required. 3D modeling experienced preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced design environment.
• Self-motivated with high attention to detail. Ability to work independently and be self- sustainable.
• Ability to take direction and effectively communicate across all disciplines.
• BS Architecture with minimum 7 years’ experience. Professional registration preferred.