Planner - 1237999
We are seeking people who are bold. Curious. Innovative. Caring. Looking for the career opportunity of a lifetime. We’ll challenge and inspire you to be your very best. We’ll embrace what makes you unique and lift you up as you take chances. Here, you’ll find a place where you can act with purpose and integrity, bringing intelligence and grit to every aspect of your job. Join us for the chance to leverage your inherent curiosity and proven capabilities to catapult you to the next level.
Interested applicants will have a degree in Engineering or Construction Management and the skills required to plan vertical construction projects using Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software. This person will be willing to learn how to merge 3D BIM models with CPM schedules to create visual schedules, integrate lean (pull planning) methodologies with the CPM schedule, and apply innovative techniques for production management using linear schedules and takt time analytics to improve process flows. At various stages of the project, this person will provide technical and analytical input to facilitate re-planning, and workflow sequencing to ensure projects finish within their prescribed timeframe.
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with planning and developing construction schedules
- Work with Project Executives to prepare proposal and preconstruction schedules
- Use historical production data to develop activity durations and validate construction progress
- Monitor and analyze progress on detailed construction schedules ranging from 2500 to 5000 activities
- Update, analyze, and report status weekly at each project site
- Reconcile discrepancies from actual vs. planned progress and facilitate an action plan with the project team
- Help develop visual schedules as needed
- Provide linear schedules as needed to view production sequences
- Analyze repetitive workflows to ensure realistic achievable cycle times
- Prepare concise monthly schedule narratives
- Provide monthly metrics and Key Performance Indicators for executive reports
- Ensure quality and excellence applying our Standards of Practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or an applicable discipline
- Experience in preparing CPM schedules for vertical construction projects
- Proficient with Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Capable of managing multiple project schedules in the region
- Can travel to regional project sites to assist project teams on a weekly basis
- Willing to obtain a AACE PSP certified certification within 6 months of hire
- Have excellent computer skills and willing to learn new software applications
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information in a concise manner and to make recommendations on strategies to resolve project issues
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to apply appropriate communication techniques to various individuals
- Positive customer service orientation, with both internal and external clients is required
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, demonstrating a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals
- Candidate must possess our Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism, and Caring
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone working on behalf of our company.