Construction Management Internship - 1238004
We are seeking people who are bold, curious, innovative and caring, looking for the career opportunity of a lifetime. We’ll challenge and inspire you to be your very best. We’ll embrace what makes you unique and lift you up as you take chances. Here, you’ll find a place where you can act with purpose and integrity, bringing intelligence and grit to every aspect of your job. Join us for the chance to learn the industry and lay the foundation for lifelong success.
Our Summer Internship program runs June - August for roughly 10-12 weeks, where you will be exposed to project management and field operations hands-on learning experiences that will help you shape your early career in Construction Management. The program includes on jobsite training, a professional development curriculum, mentorship, a speaker series, networking, team-building events, and a summer capstone project.
Note - please apply for the location you are most interested in; only apply to one location.
- Project Management
- Gain an understanding of both the day-to-day business and financial management on our projects. Explore the critical role of a Project Manager onsite and support the team with coordination, material tracking, file management, document control, and progress reporting.
- Field Operations
- Interns in a field role help lay the foundation of the project and coordinate the details on site. Work with field supervision to assist with safety procedures, project, and trade partner coordination, verification of field conditions and quality control.
- Participate in the Summer Speaker series, internship events, jobsite tours, and networking opportunities.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors Program.
- Civil Engineer, Construction Management, Business, and Liberal Arts Degrees will be considered.
- Must demonstrate genuine interest in building a career in the construction industry.
- Success managing multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate on a team.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; able to prioritize and multi-task.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand, and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone working on behalf of our company.