Assistant Superintendent - 1238028
We are seeking people who are bold. Curious. Innovative. Caring. Looking for the career opportunity of a lifetime. We’ll challenge and inspire you to be your very best. We’ll embrace what makes you unique and lift you up as you take chances. Here, you’ll find a place where you can act with purpose and integrity, bringing intelligence and grit to every aspect of your job. Join us for the chance to leverage your inherent curiosity and proven capabilities to catapult you to the next level.
The Assistant Superintendent is responsible to plan and execute the construction program according to our procedures, including safety, quality, and schedule. Assistant Superintendent responsibilities on a project may be divided on a project by area or by trade discipline.
· Maintain and distribute the construction documents to the entire project team, including Plans, Specifications, RFI’s, Bulletins, and Field Reports
· Responsible for managing layout and confirming and verifying the correctness of field dimensions
· Verify subcontractor layout to ensure compliance with established line and grade
· Administer our Quality Management Program, specifically the First Delivery and Benchmark Inspections. Document any deficiencies and assist in tracking them to final resolution
· Continuously monitor job progress on-site, checking all work to ensure compliance with Contract Documents
· Monitor and document all daily construction activity using written reports, photographs, sketches, and other software tools
· Help create and distribute daily and weekly work plans to the project team, including schedules and logistics plans
· Attend and participate in weekly and/or monthly meetings with customers and clients providing updates on the status of construction and addressing concerns of said customers and clients
· Compile and maintain all permits, testing, and inspections required for successfully project completion and acceptance
· Assist in the administration of the our Safety Program, including pre-construction meetings, pre-task planning, daily monitoring, and enforcement of all applicable safety requirements
· Supervise and mentor our Field Engineers in their daily work
· Communicate clear expectations for safety to project teams
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
· 2+ years of experience in related construction fields
· Strong organizational skills
· Possess a strong sense of urgency
· Strong communication skills
· Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
· Candidate must possess our Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism, and Caring
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone working on behalf of our company.