Safety Manager - 1238036
We are seeking people who are bold. Curious. Innovative. Caring. Looking for the career opportunity of a lifetime. We’ll challenge and inspire you to be your very best. We’ll embrace what makes you unique and lift you up as you take chances. Here, you’ll find a place where you can act with purpose and integrity, bringing intelligence and grit to every aspect of your job. Join us for the chance to leverage your inherent curiosity and proven capabilities to catapult you to the next level.
This position works with the Superintendent and Project Manager to administer, direct, and implement compliance with the Corporate Safety and Health policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of Company standard operating procedures and goals for Safety and Health Plan. This position is responsible for the overall safety procedures on a project specific level or as assigned to multiple project sites within a region or sector.
- Conducts regular site inspections, recording safe and unsafe conditions using Predictive Solutions software
- Performs administrative tasks related to project specific safety binder and document storage systems
- Coordinates, schedules, and facilitates subcontractor’s Pre-Construction Safety Planning Meetings
- Acts as a resource for field operations for Federal (OSHA) state and local safety and health regulations including NFPA and JCAHO Standards
- Reviews Subcontractors Site Specific Safety Programs and Job Hazard Analysis prior to subcontractor mobilization
- Periodically attends and monitors Tool Box Talks conducted by subcontractors to assure documentation and quality
- Performs accident investigations in the event of a job site accident – including collection of our Safety and Health standard incident reporting forms and documentation
- Coordinates with Regional Risk Manager’s for identification of claims trends and proactive risk management planning
- Reviews documentation from subcontractors for the proper training of their employees as related to the scope of work
- Conducts training for OSHA 10 or 30 Hour, HAZWOPER, and other Safety related topics
- 3-5 years of related work experience in field of Construction Health and Safety. Working knowledge of Federal and State safety and health regulations, as well as local building code issues for safety and health
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction or Safety preferred but not required
- Qualified OSHA Construction Industry Outreach Trainer
- Willingness to achieve CHST designation within two years
- Demonstrated expertise with construction and safety technologies and practices
- Willingness to provide best in class customer service
- Trained as CPR Instructor (training is provided)
- Completed required internal training with Learning and Development team
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Individual must be collaborative and positive in directing people
- Capacity to coordinate efforts with field staff and external partners
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions promptly and with confidence
- Sound business judgment
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task
- The ability to manage and embrace change. Respond and adapt to new processes and new ways of looking at old problems.
- Candidate must possess our Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism, and Caring
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone working on behalf of our company.