Manufacturing Engineer - 1238247
Our client manufactures mine, tunnel, and industrial ventilation products for the North American and international markets. Our client also offers a complete line of industrial textile fabrics for recreational vehicle, returnable packaging, agricultural, structural, and military industries. With a strong emphasis on continuous improvement, our client is adding a new position---a Manufacturing Engineer reporting to the VP of Operations.
As Manufacturing Engineer you will:
- Champion and actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives (eg. Kaizen, TPM, OEE, SMED, Root Cause Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, 7 Wastes, 5 Whys, etc).
- Identify and implement appropriate safe working practices and methods
- Coordinate manufacturing launches for new and revised products
- Develop PPAPs as required by customers.
- Generate FMEA analysis as required.
- Utilize SPC to control production methods/processes
- Maintain documentation to support IS0 9001:2015 program
- Create, train, and drive standard work methodologies for all shop floor and transactional processes.
- To specify equipment and tooling to enable quality product to be efficiently achieved/improved.
- To identify and recommend the purchase of capital equipment.
- Provide shop floor layouts and implementation programs for major factory movements.
As Manufacturing Engineer your background should include:
- A degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of three years of related experience
- Track record of successful implementation of lean manufacturing techniques including Kaizen experience
- Experience working with fabric (laminated and coated) manufacturing process which includes fabricating, cutting, forming/sewing, and assembly a plus
- Experience in polymer manufacturing: extrusion, injection molding, or thermal forming a plus
- ERP experience
- AutoCAD experience
- Familiarity with HSE regulations