licensed architect - 1249357
We are seeking self-motivated, self-starters, welcomed to be involved in the creative process providing excellent solutions to our clients and our communities. Great flexible hours and benefits. We are seeking those knowledgeable in the full array of design tools like Revit, AutoCad, SketchUp, Lumion, Photoshop, Illustrator and similar software, with experience and a passion for mentoring and encouraging staff in their own development and contributions in design as well as the full scope of architectural services through final completion of projects. The successful candidate’s career path includes leadership in business development, client interaction and growth of practice. We work in and outside the office, from home, in meetings, in the field and in the community. We provide the full array of architecture and engineering services from multiple locations, covering a broad range of building types, environments, and delivery methods. Our market sector is diverse, primarily public educational (K-12 and Higher Ed), cultural, and local government, but also includes private commercial, housing, and industrial. Send us a convincing resume with portfolio that characterizes your skills in design and leading design colleagues, communicating, planning, and delivering projects on time and on budget. The depth and type of your experience, professional goals, and skills, may interest us as much, or more, as your number of years of practice.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Professional Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- NCARB Certificate and registration in the Commonwealth of Virginia or capability thereof through NCARB reciprocity process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Proficient in building construction techniques, products, and systems (conversant in structural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection).
- Knowledge and skill in applying general design standards and methods of documentation in the form of drawings and specifications.
- Experience in training and directing the work of others.
- Ability to design and plan major construction projects.
- Familiar with national building codes and how to interpret local zoning ordinances.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Architecture and Revit.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Experience in developing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail oriented – excellent written and communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to communicate with all levels of the corporate structure.
- Available for occasional overnight travel.
- Solid understanding of architectural production procedures and how they apply to construction techniques.
- Grasp of construction costs/scheduling, time management, and internal budgeting.
- Proactive problem solving abilities.
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.