ehs manager - 1278644
Responsible for all EH&S programming at the plant level. This position administers facility Workers' Compensation, OSHA compliance programming, and necessary medical care/case management.
- Operational Excellence Safety Pillar Champion for the facility.
- Coordinates facility Behavior Based Safety program for the facility, including analysis of data collected from observations.
- Coordinates and consults with other facilities regarding compliance and policy matters.
- Ensure regular and ongoing hazard identification and abatement programming in the facility.
- Represents the company’s interests in compliance enforcement actions and civil litigation.
- Responsible for accident investigation, and oversees abatement of causation.
- Performs safety inspection/preparation of annual safety audit of facility by corporate.
- Administers workers' compensation claims management for accidents/injuries, documentation, medical treatment and follow-up(s) & record retention.
- Coordinates OSHA-required safety training for employees and maintains OSHA-required documentation for plant programs.
- Maintains OSHA and Worker’s Compensation required documentation of injury/accident data.
- Works with HR to conduct/coordinate all location safety/certification training records & compliance data as required.
- Maintains close working relationships with all departments and responds to deviations from standards immediately.
- Provides analysis of trends & costs associated with safety to plant management and corporate safety.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and company policies.
- Ensures compliance with quality, facility security, food safety, and HAACP support programs where applicable; assures conformity to all company, customer, and government standards.
- Ensures compliance with all safety requirements, environmental reporting, and policies.
- Provides and coordinates training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching, and leadership to subordinates.
- Maintains good employee, corporate, and community relations.
- Coordinates with department managers and shift supervisors to ensure an incident-free shift start-up.
- Compile & submit information for all required department, corporate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Maintains company standards for cleanliness, housekeeping, and safety in the plant area.
- Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
- Ability to drive the safety program and engage associates within all levels of the organization.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good understanding of operations.
- Experience with Safety, Security, OHSA, & Worker’s Comp administration in a manufacturing environment, preferably the food industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred 5 years of experience in EHS profession necessary.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and results of the EH&S function at the facility. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, training, scheduling, appraising, and investigating incidents; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances, resolving problems and interpreting policies.