Senior Project Manager (Land Development) - 1299262
We are a Houston-based civil engineering firm providing a wide range of infrastructure services to both public and private sector clients in Texas. Our integrated team of professional engineers is skilled and experienced in all areas of site and land development, utility districts, public works, transportation, hydrology, and environmental engineering.
Senior Project Manager - Land Development
The ideal Project Manager is responsible for the overall successful completion of assigned projects, including, but not limited to, scope development, contract negotiations, organization, compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, cost and schedule controls, implementation, staff and client management, and quality control. The Project Manager is assigned to projects which are more standard in nature, encompass a moderate level of complexity, skill and experience, typically involving a few stakeholders with similar interests, and a lower dollar volume.
Essential Job Duties:
· Plans, schedules, assign, supervise and motivate the work of professional and clerical personnel.
· Must possess current knowledge of local, state and federal design codes and regulations, industry practices and regulations, and the ability to read and understand construction drawings and legal documents.
· Attention to detail, self-motivated, ability to think critically and solve problems while maintaining a team-oriented environment.
· Must possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and the capabilities and efficiencies of specific engineering software for use in completing engineering assignments.
· Demonstrated knowledge of local, state and federal land development regulations and design criteria.
· Perform all QA/QC procedures for engineering projects; directs a staff engaged in the design, preparation of drawings, plans, specifications, and estimates for a variety of work projects/contracts.
· Coordinate the inspection of construction work performed under contracts, including the interpretation and revision of plans and specifications, and the maintenance of related records/reports.
· Monitors regulatory projects to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
· Coordinates activities with various agency departments; represent department issues at meetings and conferences with other agencies, with public and private organizations.
· Analyze facts and make independent decisions; read and interpret technical engineering reports and studies, communicate all findings to the SPM or DM as necessary.
· Demonstrate/perform sound engineering principals and judgment in solving engineering problem; communicate to all parties including the SPM or DM.
· Establish and maintain effective working relations internal and external.
· Must be able to lead and contribute to the design, execution and project management support for all projects, maintain client and contractor relationships, and attend necessary meetings in the greater Houston area.
· Remain in an advisory team capacity with staff with business decisions, communicate at all times.
· Able to work in a cooperative environment and mentor/develop junior design staff.
· Deal effectively with representatives of other organizations and with the public.
· Work closely with project team to resolve any existing or forecasted problems related to discipline staffing, quality of work, schedule performance, or productivity.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
· Professional Engineers' (P.E.) License in the State of Texas
· Minimum of five (5) years progressive design experience
· Minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in professional civil engineering work