Project Manager - 1302788
Through the years, we've grown to become an industry leader in surveying and land development & municipal infrastructure.
Our expertise also extends to master plans, site development work and construction supervision on water, wastewater and drainage projects for several South Texas municipalities and other governmental entities.
We have a need for a Project Manager. In this role you will support our municipal clients while focused developing sound projects and delivering high quality service offerings for a variety of clients.
What you will do:
- Assist with the identification, communication, and design of municipal sites and utility tasks on municipalities infrastructure, paving and drainage design.
- Assist with the management and coordination of Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) investigations, schedule, and submittals
- Hands on design and design supervision of EIT work. Also this role will require sealing of design drawings.
- Frequent communication with clients and management of client relationship, and utility owners to ensure project schedules are met and are compliant with federal, state and local laws, in addition to any other regulations required by the client
- Work independently, and with project team, to meet client's needs and objectives
- Review and perform QA/QC of agreements, plans, specifications, cost estimates and invoices submitted to assure compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and requirements of the client
- Perform project records research, obtaining design and utility company contacts, prepare contact ledgers and utility conflict tracking reports
- Assist with and prepare client deliverables, exhibits, project guides, project reviews, project invoices, expense reports and project monitoring/field verification as needed
- Utility permitting (preparation and submittal) monitor progress of the project schedule
- Review & verifying Record (as-built) drawings
- Prepare project cost estimates
- Assist with other design needs as needed
- Coordinate with environmental sub consultants
What you bring:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- 5+ years as a Licensed Professional Engineer. Willing to attain Texas PE with in 6 months
- 5+ years of progressive engineering experience with an emphasis on municipal engineering
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Positive attitude to take initiative on projects, coordinate effectively with other team members, adapt to changing conditions/requirements, take ownership of mistakes, and ask for direction when needed
- Ability to work in high pressure situations, prioritize, and meet deadlines while working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team settings, engage in creative and critical thought, and effectively communicate ideas, design issues and solutions to others.
- Proven organization and proactive time management skills
- Strong desire to learn and take on new types of projects.
- Ability to recognize when technical problems develop and proactively take corrective actions using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.