Principal - Design and Master Planning - 1342424
PRINCIPAL – Design and Master Planning
We are looking for an experienced and highly skilled Principal level master planner with a degree in landscape architecture, architecture and/or urban design along with a graduate degree in urban design, planning, or real estate development. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 10 years of post-bachelor’s degree professional master planning experience in residential communities, resort development or large-scale site planning.
As the Principal, you will have the opportunity to lead and shape large-scale, world-class master projects in diverse contexts around the globe. The candidate must demonstrate exceptional design skills in master planning, site planning, landscape design, layout, and design development.
● A minimum of 10+ years of experience
● Licensed Landscape Architect, Architect or Urban Planner is preferred, not required.
● An undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited landscape architecture, architecture, or planning program or master’s degree or dual degrees in landscape architecture, urban design, planning or real estate development.
● Strong design skills in master planning, site planning, landscape design, layout, and design development.
● Demonstrates a complete understanding of one or more key aspects of Landscape Architectural and/or Planning design and implementation that is essential to the firm.
● Demonstrates a complete understanding of components and design process related to large and/or complex master planning and site design projects.
● Understanding of the development process from project acquisition, site yield testing, framework master planning, and schematic planning. A knowledge of the entitlement process is highly desired.
● Ability to lead site analysis, development of high-level master planning, conceptual options, schematic design/location, and layout of land uses, design development, knowledge of current trends and technologies, and coordination with consultants.
● Directs the development of lot diagrams and master planning design guidelines to communicate a project's requirements to clients and stakeholders.
● Demonstrates the ability to quickly solve design problems using hand drawing and digital drawing.
● Experience in successfully navigating complex client and stakeholder relationships and an understanding of the economic issues unique to development of large-scale resort and residential projects.
● Capable of managing multiple, high-priority assignments and demonstrates strategic thinking as part of project execution.
● The ability to develop collaborative, productive, and respectful relationships with your team, clients, and consultants. You will provide design direction to staff and oversight of work products, lead internal and external subconsultants and client teams, and develop and manage projects.
● The ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations, lead working meetings, and speak easily and clearly in front of groups and facilitate client meetings.
● The ability to actively participate in or lead marketing and business development opportunities, develop proposals for prospective projects, take part in interviews, and develop and support potential client and partner relationships.
● Desire to mentor younger staff and lead team development.
Note: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. All applicants must already possess long-term work authorization.