Carpenter - 1356028
We are a customer-centric organization providing a wide range of services based on our client’s needs. Our customers are always the center of what we do. Our values are why we exist and the cornerstone of all our decisions. Our reputation and relationships are based on Care, Collaboration, Commitment and Community. We take pride in our depth, diversity and consistency.
What Benefits Can We Offer?
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- All carpenters and apprentices must be signatory to the Carpenters Union. Benefits are available trough union membership.
To perform all tasks requiring finish carpentry skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Layout for all craft related work to include grading
- Assist in layout or earthwork.
- Build and erect batter boards.
- Assist in hanging doors.
- Install locksets.
- Install hardware, frames, sub frame, and supports.
- Cabinetry to include overhead units, counter tops of all types, blocking for support.
- Trim to include base board, casings, stops, and ceiling trim both wood and metal.
- Install windows to include sash, sub frame, interior trim and exterior trim.
- Built in furniture such as wood closets, shelving, vanities, and trim.
- Various finishes to include marble tops, plastic counter tops, metal and plastic paneling.
- Hollow metal door frames and doors, window frames made of metal including welding.
- Install backing and blocking.
- Install insulation
- Caulk as necessary.
- Ability to read plans and specifications.
- Walk the jobsite on a daily basis to identify and communicate any potential safety hazards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be subject to overtime on an as needed basis
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience
- No specific educational requirements.
- No specific experience required when starting as a first level apprentice. Skillset to improve with each level of apprenticeship.
- Carpenters and apprentices must be signatory to the Carpenters Union.