Civil Engineer (EIT) - Transportation - 1370737
We are a Houston-based civil engineering firm providing a wide range of infrastructure services to both public and private sector clients in Texas. Our integrated team of professional engineers is skilled and experienced in all areas of site and land development, utility districts, public works, transportation, hydrology, and environmental engineering.
Civil Engineer EIT- Transportation
Performs engineering associated with highway planning and design including horizontal and vertical geometry, OpenRoads 3D modeling, retaining wall layouts, quantity calculations, miscellaneous details, and final plan deliverables.
Interprets and applies applicable codes and exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Effectively deliver projects to meet client expectations in terms of budget and schedule
- Interface with positive attitude to take initiative on projects, coordinate effectively with other team members, adapt to changing conditions/requirements, take ownership of mistakes, and ask for direction when needed
- Ability to work in high pressure situations, prioritize, and meet deadlines while working on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team settings, engage in creative and critical thought, and effectively communicate ideas, design issues and solutions to others
- Proven organization and proactive time management skills
- Strong desire to learn and take on new types of projects
- Ability to recognize when technical problems develop and proactively take corrective actions using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
Knowledge of PS&E Processes
1-2 years of professional experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong computer skills