CAD Administrator - 1370745
Overview of Position:
This position is responsible for managing the CAD system. Developing, upgrading, maintaining, and utilizing the CAD system to draw staking sheets. Assesses, proposes, coordinates, and implements solutions for hardware and software issues, system modifications, system enhancements, system replacements, as well as updating standards and details. Assists with designing inside and outside network facilities; performs detailed work associates.
- Utilizes the CAD system in the development and maintenance of a graphical representation of our exchanges and network facilities.
- Performs ongoing maintenance of the CAD system to isolate the source(s) of problems which may result from software, hardware, and/or operator error.
- Coordinates version upgrades with CAD services provider.
- Maintains CAD standards and best practices.
- Conducts quarterly meetings to inform and train staff on changes and/or new standards.
- Provides CAD support and troubleshooting to CAD users.
- Receives and evaluates system modification recommendations generated by users to aid in performance of their duties.
- Maintains existing standards including Civil 3D components, company blocks, templates, and design/draft resources.
- Responsible for mentoring the Design/CAD Team, ensuring they meet company and industry standards and codes.
- Othe duties as assigned.
- AAS Degree in Computer Aided Design or equivalent degree or experience.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience utilizing CAD system with high proficiency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Programs.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate while working in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively across different levels of the company.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and service-oriented attitude.