Regional Field Service Technician - 1590738
This position is responsible for providing onsite start-up, service, and support to customers with the overall target to identify and eliminate causes of equipment nuisances and failures as well as operate and maintain machinery. When field support is not needed, service technician will provide technical support remotely by phone or emails to assist current customer base to solve installation, performance, or operational problems. This individual must have strong customer service skills and be able to communicate effectively with business partners, internally and externally.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
o Travel to job sites, assess operational issues, and resolve problems for which the Company is responsible
§ Issue well-written, accurate reports of trip findings and activities
o Travel to job sites and personally commission products at startup, resolving any issues encountered and completing required documentation
o Interface/interact as necessary with Field personnel, Rep agency, Engineering teams and customers during problem assessment and resolution
o Provide on-site direction to personnel at job site locations when performing rework of product or setup of product
o Complete failure investigations and serve as a resource for listening to the voice of the customer
o Knows and can explain the Company's product features/benefits,
o Can access Engineering drawings, diagrams, and documents related to specific equipment being investigated.
o Can interpret machine and electrical drawings and diagrams.
o Understands basic HVAC operation and concepts, including refrigeration and controls.
o Understands the factory assembly and field installation of chillers, water source heat pump equipment and accessories.
o Follows industry best practices and standards.
o Understands the advantages and critical installation key points of chillers and water source heat pumps.
o Can effectively trouble-shoot or confirm an operating chillers and water source heat pump.
o Promotes mutual respect while maintaining compliance to regulatory, ordinance or code requirements, and company policies and programs.
o Remains calm in tense situations
Phone Center Technical Support.
o Support multiple product lines
§ Gather base information
§ Work through standard or ad hoc investigative sequences to arrive at issues or causes and provide remedies as needed
§ Help the field implement corrections or lead them to solutions
Initiate help desk tickets.
o Help the field resolve issues and close records
o Support Plant and Field Quality initiatives and projects
o Provide support for Technical Services and Engineering concerning problem identification and elimination
- Communication – Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Decision Making/Judgment - Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others
- Job Knowledge – Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current is in command of critical issues.
- Technical Skills - Understands specialty equipment, keeps knowledge up-to-date, is a technical resource for others, follows technology practices and standards
- Work Environment/Safety - Promotes mutual respect, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- HVAC certificate/license and 2 years HVAC experience
- OR[JC1] AS in Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering Technology and 2 years HVAC experience
- OR[JC2] Course work completed in Information Technology and 4 years of HVAC experience
- OR BA or BS from four-year college or university with some course work completed in physics, math, computer systems, and chemistry.
Experience: 3-5 years HVAC and chiller experience (Commercial experience preferred[JC3] )
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Certificates & Licenses: HVAC license preferred; EPA Section 608 Universal Refrigerant Handling Certification (required[JC4] or attained within 90-days)
Other Requirements: Knowledge of UL, NFPA, CE, and CSA is preferred. Willingness and ability to travel domestically[JC5] .