Roadway Superintendent - 1639547
We are a leader and an expert in the area of Site Development, Bridge, Highway and other Transportation Construction Projects
The Superintendent is responsible for meeting production goals by effectively managing multiple foremen, subcontractors, equipment, and maintaining safety standards. Assists project management in the supervision of superintendents, foremen and employees. Manage and direct multiple superintendents, foreman, equipment, and subcontractors to meet production goals and ensure operation is safe.
- Create plans and reports which will be used to update schedules.
- Create work plans and create 2-week schedule look-aheads.
- Set and meet production goals.
- Communicate plan, safety, and schedule at weekly meetings.
- Know plans and specifications well enough to teach and train others.
- Operation/method analysis; always look for more efficient and safer ways to perform tasks.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with owners, clients, managers, and other employees.
- Ensure good housekeeping/work area, truck, and trailer.
- Understand daily cost / monthly and cost reports and projections.
- At least 5+ years previous recent heavy highway, road, construction experience
- heavy highway, road project experience ($5M+) is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or similar discipline is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include strong verbal and written communication
- Must be able to think independently and solve problems effectively OSHA Competent person certification
- Must have an excellent driving record
***Full benefits, relocation expenses, and interview expenses