Land Surveyor - 1649207
We are a land development solutions provider that values relationships, offering services in land surveying, civil engineering, and project management from our Georgia-based offices. Since 1966, our reputation has been built on the satisfaction of our clients, who consistently choose us for their subsequent projects.
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Surveyor with a focus on Land/Site Development. In this role, the Land Surveyor will contribute to the technical aspects of interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. Responsibilities include planning and developing surveying projects, especially those involving unique or controversial issues that significantly impact major organization programs. The Land Surveyor will collaborate with individuals both within and outside the organization, acting independently on technical matters related to their field. This position requires moderate progressive experience, and supervision received is mainly administrative, with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and direct mid-sized projects or projects of moderate scope and importance, or assist in guiding the surveying program of an organization when of limited complexity and scope.
- Participate in the conception, planning, and research associated with problem areas of moderate scope and complexity, requiring unconventional approaches and sophisticated research techniques.
- Apply advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility, staying abreast of new methods and developments.
- Plan, organize, and supervise the work of survey department staff, other professionals, and technicians.
- Evaluate progress and results, recommending major changes as needed to achieve overall objectives.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, or a related field from an accredited college or university (preferred).
- Ability to obtain GA RLS registration (preferred); registration in additional states is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and provide exemplary customer service.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Terramodel CADD software is required.
The Land Surveyor is expected to maintain and develop client relationships, participating in local civic organizations and community events.
We are an equal-opportunity and an EEO and E-Verify Employer. We evaluate candidates based on merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, or any other factor unrelated to job requirements. We appreciate your interest in joining our team and assure you that your application will be considered on its merit.