Product Engineer - 1680375
This Product Engineer position involves sustaining engineering, new product design, and development activities such as review and design of HVAC equipment, in meeting the application standards, customer/market requirements, and sound engineering principle, including ETO-based products. The candidate needs to understand all the requirements, execute the product engineering duty, and work in a proper and timely manner.
- Continuous improvement of existing products, sustaining engineering, design, and development activities.
- Review factory orders in compliance with applicable standards, customer requirements, and sound engineering principles.
- Communicate with other divisions such as Electrical & Control, Pressure Vessel, and other Departments to ensure a smooth flow of fabrication work.
- Assist in resolving production technical issues encountered on products.
- Promote product quality, safety, and performance.
- Lead product certification and compliance processes and activities for AHRI and ETL certifications.
- Prepare documents required for projects, including drawings, purchased part specifications, procedures, bills of material, catalogs, installation manuals, and other documents required for the design and manufacture of products.
- Provide technical support to Sales/Marketing, Warranty Service, Quality Control, Production Departments, Associate Companies, and Customers as needed, on engineering-related matters and product quality feedback.
- Provide proposals for customer requirements, perform unit selection, and give price adds for special requirements, able to do technical parameter compliance.
- Assist the Purchasing Department in sourcing components and raw materials, providing specifications, and evaluating the quality of vendors.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience and industry experience, with added advantages if you have relevant experience in air-cooled, water-cooled, screw, and centrifugal compressor product design, testing, and manufacturing processes.
- Organizational skills necessary to manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Good written and verbal English communication and presentation skills.
- Strong management skills and ability to train others.
- Effective planning and control of multiple concurrent projects.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Knowledge of engineering software such as SolidWorks, Inventor, FEA, Visual Basic, and AutoCAD is an added advantage.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor's or Professional Degree in Mechanical Engineering.