Plumbing Designer - 1097394
Multi-office mid-Atlantic E/A firm seeking a Senior Plumbing Designer to join a group of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians eager to learn in a collaborative work environment. We are seeking self-motivated, self-starters, welcomed to be involved in the creative process providing excellent solutions to our clients and our communities. Great flexible hours and benefits. We are seeking those knowledgeable in areas such as HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection, with experience and a passion for mentoring and encouraging staff in their own development and contributions in design as well as the full scope of mechanical engineering services through final completion of projects. We work in and outside the office, from home, in meetings, in the field and in the community. We provide the full array of engineering and architecture services from multiple locations, covering a broad range of building types, environments, and delivery methods. The successful candidate will be in charge of their own plumbing design projects with oversight from a licensed engineer. Responsibilities may include overseeing entry level designers as well as CAD technicians. Send us a convincing resume that characterizes your skills in design, communicating, planning, and delivering projects on time and on budget. The depth and type of your experience, professional goals, and skills, may interest us as much, or more, as your number of years of practice.
- U.S. Citizen
- Valid Driver's License
- Five years minimum plumbing design experience.
- Fire protection design experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Plumbing codes and standards, including ICC, ASPE, and NFPA.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit for production of design drawing packages.
- Ability to develop feasibility studies with engineering estimates, coordinating design schedules and coordination with other design trades.
- Experience estimating engineering effort for building design projects.
- Responsibility for overseeing entry level designers and CAD technicians.
- Participate in project design team and client meetings.
- Interface with other design trades as required for project completion.
- Perform site visits to existing facilities for renovation/addition projects for information gathering on existing conditions.
- Perform pipe sizing (water, waste, storm drainage, fuel systems, med gas, etc.) calculations and plumbing fixture selection.
- Produce plumbing design drawing packages (plans, construction details, life safety).
- Generate project specific construction specifications using CSI-based templates.
- Generate written reports such as project scope definition, existing system condition assessments and schematic design narratives.
- Perform construction contract administration services, including answering RFIs, review of submittals, and field assessments.
- Periodic travel will be required for site visits and client meetings.