Airport And Transportation Manager - 1152087
The work you may do
- Responsible for helping the firm maintain client relationships.
- Potential to assist with developing new clients.
- Coordinate meetings with clients, the public, local officials, and contractors
- Project management, contracting, cost estimates and client invoicing (WI airports / FAA projects preferred)
- Assist with marketing, proposals, and project interviews
- Assist with project design, permitting, and technical reports
- Attend annual Wisconsin Aviation Conference to help with marketing efforts
- Manage construction projects as a resident engineer
What you bring
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- 6+ years of experience with Civil engineering projects required (aviation strongly preferred or WisDOT Highways)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required (transportation/aviation focus preferred)
- PE license required
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Civil3D a plus.
- Knowledge of FAA and Wisconsin Bureau of Aeronautics procedures strongly preferred or willingness to learn
- Construction oversight management as a project leader / resident engineer strongly preferred
- Prior experience with mentoring, team management, marketing and contracting or a desire to step into that role
- Previous experience with project management and client relationships required
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as solid personal and team skills
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
Who You Are:
- You work well with others. You share ideas and listen with open ears. You can listen to criticism and respectfully disagree with people. You help others succeed. You are comfortable working with colleagues and with busy leaders. You love seeing the team and company succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker. You see the big picture and the details. You help your team see opportunities, focus on goals, and make paths to success.
- You are a confident communicator. You can explain complicated things to people in a way that they can understand. You are confident in your communication and people have confidence in what you say.
- You think like an analyst. You know how to dig into problems, ask questions, find information, and help your team make good decisions.
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons, but we couldn’t stop ourselves! All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks:
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working toward the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Communities of Practice to share information and provide mentoring opportunities
- Work-life integration – we support a healthy work-life balance, with flexibility to help you meet your obligations
- Internal and external training opportunities
- STEM outreach and volunteer opportunities
Eligible employees will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage that start on your hire date (no waiting period!)
- 8 paid holidays in a calendar year
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid-by-company life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability
- ESOP that gives employees beneficial ownership stake in the company (we’re 100% employee owned!)
- 401k retirement plan with generous employer match