Project Manager - 1187605
The Project Manager is responsible for leading, managing, and reporting on all facets of a construction project. This position reports to the President or VP of operations and works closely with the Division
Managers and Superintendent.
- To understand, manage and administer all functions of a construction contract, including legal notifications, scope administration, change order procedures (including pricing, scoping, and tracking),
- billing, contract schedules, claims procedures, and other contract requirements.
- To manage and report on project financials and be responsible for financial performance; including manpower loading, the cost to complete estimates, subs, and committed cost tracking
- Collaborate with Division Manager(s) and Field Leaders to maintain project tracking and reporting to ensure work progress and budget compliance.
- Maintain professional and timely communication with the general contractor, A&E team, owner, subcontractors, various company divisions, and other key participants.
- Coordinate the project team
- Ensure RFI’s, Submittals, Shop Drawings, and any other contract or project documents are accurate, timely, tracked, and managed.
- Review/coordinate buy-outs and procure major equipment and fixtures through purchasing department.
- Assure that all production meets quality control standards.
- Protect and mitigate liability.
- Assures that all installations meet quality standards.
- Support morale programs and technical training.
- Manage the warranty period.
- Close out a project in a timely manner meeting close-out requirements.
- Support and participate in the company safety program.
- Perform other duties and tasks as requested by management.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A high-energy, team-oriented, profit-driven, and customer-driven individual who can maintain a sense of urgency to ensure that projects are completed skillfully and efficiently.
- Must have excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to independently pursue business objectives in an organized and efficient manner.
- Able to focus on goals and the required activity level necessary to achieve those goals without direct supervision.
- Comfortable supervising multifaceted projects simultaneously and working in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
- Willing to accept personal responsibility for the success or failure of the project.
- Resiliency and flexibility in the face of adversity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and maintain a positive and professional manner.